Hasina to address nation Thursday as govt completes third year
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 22:58:38.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-12 03:23:09.0 BdST
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will address the nation on Thursday, her press secretary has said.
She will be speaking to mark the completion of the third year of the 10th Parliament which has been led by the Awami League government.
The Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said Hasina will address the nation at 7:30pm.
Her speech will be broadcast live by Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Betar.
Amidst a boycott of the general elections by the BNP and its allies, the Awami League rode to power for the second successive term on Jan 5, 2014.
The Hasina-led Awami League coalition took the oath of office on Jan 12 that year.
Thursday marks the completion of the third year of the government.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- EC secretary doubtful over using EVMs in general elections
- Police fire several dozen rubber bullets as SUST students clash with locals in Sylhet
- Bangladesh information minister says impact of Indian TV channels on family life will be researched
- Third part of graphic novel ‘Mujib’ released
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- Man dies in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Rajshahi
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday