Hasina to address nation Thursday as govt completes third year
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 22:58:38.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-12 03:23:09.0 BdST
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will address the nation on Thursday, her press secretary has said.
She will be speaking to mark the completion of the third year of the 10th Parliament which has been led by the Awami League government.
The Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said Hasina will address the nation at 7:30pm.
Her speech will be broadcast live by Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Betar.
Amidst a boycott of the general elections by the BNP and its allies, the Awami League rode to power for the second successive term on Jan 5, 2014.
The Hasina-led Awami League coalition took the oath of office on Jan 12 that year.
Thursday marks the completion of the third year of the government.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors