DU student announces suicide plan on Facebook before hanging herself
Dhaka University Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 20:03:55.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-11 20:03:55.0 BdST
A student of Dhaka University has committed suicide at her residence in Dhaka after making her suicidal intention public to her friends on Facebook.
The deceased Mohasina Medha was a second-year student of International Relations (Honours) course.
She used to live with her parents in Nakhalparha.
DU acting proctor Prof M Amzad Ali said Medha committed suicide early on Wednesday.
She announced her plans for committing suicide via a Facebook post the night before, her friend 'Hasan' said.
"She deactivated her Facebook account soon after putting up the post. She hanged herself from a ceiling fan, I heard," he said.
"Her family has taken the body to their ancestral home in Comilla," he added.
"We are trying to know the whole story," said the acting proctor.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Authorities issue warning for water transport amid bad weather condition
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors