DU student announces suicide plan on Facebook before hanging herself
Dhaka University Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-11 20:03:55.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-11 20:03:55.0 BdST
A student of Dhaka University has committed suicide at her residence in Dhaka after making her suicidal intention public to her friends on Facebook.
The deceased Mohasina Medha was a second-year student of International Relations (Honours) course.
She used to live with her parents in Nakhalparha.
DU acting proctor Prof M Amzad Ali said Medha committed suicide early on Wednesday.
She announced her plans for committing suicide via a Facebook post the night before, her friend 'Hasan' said.
"She deactivated her Facebook account soon after putting up the post. She hanged herself from a ceiling fan, I heard," he said.
"Her family has taken the body to their ancestral home in Comilla," he added.
"We are trying to know the whole story," said the acting proctor.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- EC secretary doubtful over using EVMs in general elections
- Police fire several dozen rubber bullets as SUST students clash with locals in Sylhet
- Bangladesh information minister says impact of Indian TV channels on family life will be researched
- Third part of graphic novel ‘Mujib’ released
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- Man dies in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Rajshahi
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday