Two rickshaw passengers killed by truck in Old Dhaka
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-10 11:46:53.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-10 11:46:53.0 BdST
Two rickshaw passengers were killed and a rickshaw puller was critically injured after being hit by a truck in Old Dhaka’s Dholaikhal area around 12am on Tuesday.
The accident occurred near the Sadek Hossain Khoka field, said Genduria Police Station SI Sohel Rana.
The victims have been identified as rickshaw passengers Badol Hossain and Sanwar Hossain and rickshaw puller Altaf Hossain.
The three victims were rushed to Mitford Hospital for treatment, where the doctors declared Badol and Sanwar dead.
Badol was the owner of a lathe machine workshop and lived in Dhaka’s Shahjahanpur. Sanwar worked at the workshop and lived in the Wari area.
The injured Altaf has been transferred to Pongu Hospital, said SI Sohel.
The truck and the driver’s assistant are in police custody, said the SI, but the driver managed to flee.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- CHTC demands judicial probe into Romel's death in letter to home minister
- Hasina slams critics of bid to remove statue from Supreme Court premises
- PM Hasina asks BNP for evidence of Haor radiation claim
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece