Twenty injured in Pirojpur after bus carrying schoolgoers hits tree
Md Hasibul Islam Hasan, from Pirojpur, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-10 14:20:18.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-10 14:20:18.0 BdST
At least 20 persons have been injured in Pirojpur when a bus carrying students and teachers of a school crashed into a tree.
Police said the crash has been reported from Kawkhali Upazila around 9am on Tuesday.
The accident occurred when one of the two buses carrying students and teachers of a local high school rammed into a roadside tree, said Assistant Superintendent of Police Ahmmad Mainul Hasan.
The buses were heading to Bagerhat for a study tour, he said.
There were 52 passengers inside the bus which crashed.
"At least twenty persons have been taken to the Kawkhali Upazila Health Complex. Eight of them were later transferred to the medical college hospital in Barisal as their conditions had deteriorated," said the senior police officer.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- EC secretary doubtful over using EVMs in general elections
- Police fire several dozen rubber bullets as SUST students clash with locals in Sylhet
- Bangladesh information minister says impact of Indian TV channels on family life will be researched
- Third part of graphic novel ‘Mujib’ released
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Humayun Ahmed's portrayal in Farooki's 'Doob' is objectionable, says Shaon
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- Man dies in ‘gunfight’ with RAB in Rajshahi
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday