Now, banks lose vault keys
Published: 2014-03-11 23:13:07.0 BdST Updated: 2014-03-12 00:32:16.0 BdST
Keys to vaults of two branches of as many banks in Chittagong have been lost in incidents that police describe as mysterious.
According to police, the vault key of the UCBL’s Jubilee Road branch under Kotwali Police Station was lost on Tuesday.
The private bank’s First Vice-President Md Zakaria filed a general diary with Kotwali police in the morning.
Senior Officer of government-owned Agrani Bank’s New Market Corporate branch Md Rezaul Karim came to police on Tuesday night with a similar complaint of the key going missing from their branch.
The vault of Sonali Bank branch in Bogra which miscreants borke and made away with Tk 3 million
He said police did not record the Agrani Bank complaint ‘immediately’. “Our team will visit the place of occurrence with the branch manager (of the bank). Then we’ll determine the next course of action.”
Two heists happened in Sonali Bank branches in Kishoreganj and Bogra in one and a half months.
In the Kishoreganj incident that came to light on Jan 26, miscreants dag a tunnel to rob Tk 169 million from the vault of the bank.
In the second heist, robbers decamped with over Tk 3.0 million from the bank’s branch at Adamdighi Upazila after digging a tunnel from an adjacent furniture shop.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Anger, doubts boil up as gas prices raised in Bangladesh
- Jaishankar reaffirms India’s support to 'peaceful, stable' Bangladesh
- Kabori’s memoirs at Ekushey Book Fair
- PM Hasina's official visit to India in April
- Another suspect arrested over Gaibandha ruling MP Liton's killing
- Verdict in second case against industrialist Ragib Ali over tea estate fraud on Feb 26
- Cricketer Sunny's mother gets bail in domestic violence case
- Indian Foreign Secretary Jaishankar arrives in Dhaka
- Foreign Journalists call on State Minister for Foreign Affairs
- MP Liton killing: Police recover pistol buried in Kader's Gaibandha home
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- BNP is a terrorist organisation: Canada court
- Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life may be possible
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Foreign sailor killed by cracked pipe hot water in ship at Chittagong Port
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Forced relocation of Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh can create tension: ICRC