Now, banks lose vault keys
Published: 2014-03-11 23:13:07.0 BdST Updated: 2014-03-12 00:32:16.0 BdST
Keys to vaults of two branches of as many banks in Chittagong have been lost in incidents that police describe as mysterious.
According to police, the vault key of the UCBL’s Jubilee Road branch under Kotwali Police Station was lost on Tuesday.
The private bank’s First Vice-President Md Zakaria filed a general diary with Kotwali police in the morning.
Senior Officer of government-owned Agrani Bank’s New Market Corporate branch Md Rezaul Karim came to police on Tuesday night with a similar complaint of the key going missing from their branch.
The vault of Sonali Bank branch in Bogra which miscreants borke and made away with Tk 3 million
He said police did not record the Agrani Bank complaint ‘immediately’. “Our team will visit the place of occurrence with the branch manager (of the bank). Then we’ll determine the next course of action.”
Two heists happened in Sonali Bank branches in Kishoreganj and Bogra in one and a half months.
In the Kishoreganj incident that came to light on Jan 26, miscreants dag a tunnel to rob Tk 169 million from the vault of the bank.
In the second heist, robbers decamped with over Tk 3.0 million from the bank’s branch at Adamdighi Upazila after digging a tunnel from an adjacent furniture shop.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D-printed office
- Narayanganj 7-murder prime accused Nur Hossain feels dizzy, collapses in the dock during hearing
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC