Now, banks lose vault keys
Published: 2014-03-11 23:13:07.0 BdST Updated: 2014-03-12 00:32:16.0 BdST
Keys to vaults of two branches of as many banks in Chittagong have been lost in incidents that police describe as mysterious.
According to police, the vault key of the UCBL’s Jubilee Road branch under Kotwali Police Station was lost on Tuesday.
The private bank’s First Vice-President Md Zakaria filed a general diary with Kotwali police in the morning.
Senior Officer of government-owned Agrani Bank’s New Market Corporate branch Md Rezaul Karim came to police on Tuesday night with a similar complaint of the key going missing from their branch.
The vault of Sonali Bank branch in Bogra which miscreants borke and made away with Tk 3 million
He said police did not record the Agrani Bank complaint ‘immediately’. “Our team will visit the place of occurrence with the branch manager (of the bank). Then we’ll determine the next course of action.”
Two heists happened in Sonali Bank branches in Kishoreganj and Bogra in one and a half months.
In the Kishoreganj incident that came to light on Jan 26, miscreants dag a tunnel to rob Tk 169 million from the vault of the bank.
In the second heist, robbers decamped with over Tk 3.0 million from the bank’s branch at Adamdighi Upazila after digging a tunnel from an adjacent furniture shop.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Death toll in Uttara elevator mishap rises to six
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul
- PM Hasina to inaugurate work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit depot Sunday
- BNP leader former army chief Mahbubur Rahman hurt in road traffic accident
- Extended nine-day Eid vacation as Jul 4 announced as holiday
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project