Another major gold haul at airport
Published: 2013-08-30 11:38:41.0 BdST Updated: 2013-08-30 12:51:23.0 BdST
The customs authority has recovered 156 gold bars weighing nearly 18 kg at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka in yet another major gold haul in the airport.
Senior ASP of the Armed Police Battalion (APBN) Iqbal Hossain told bdnews24.com the gold bars were found on the bus which was carrying the passengers of United Airway’s Mascot-Dubai-Dhaka flight on Friday morning.
“Passengers of the bus were brought to the terminal. The gold bars were found in black sports bag lying beside the driver,” he said.
He said they were suspecting the driver of the United Airways bus.
With this, customs authority has seized three illegal gold consignments at the airport within a span of two months. Two more consignments were caught by the Chittagong customs too during the same period.
On Aug 20, APBN recovered more than 7-kg gold from an Indian citizen at the same airport.
A staggering 1,065 gold bars weighing 124-kg were confiscated by police from a Biman Bangladesh Airlines from Kathmandu on Jull 24.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Paper book of Biswajit murder case ready for High Court hearing
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- Rust-covered arms cache excavated in Bogra
- PM flight glitch: Court gives investigators more time to submit report
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM’s meeting with Merkel: Global support to relocate Rohingya refugees sought
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Indian HC organises visa camp for Bangladesh armed forces family members
- 'Only two percent of Sheikh Hasina'
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday