Another major gold haul at airport
Published: 2013-08-30 11:38:41.0 BdST Updated: 2013-08-30 12:51:23.0 BdST
The customs authority has recovered 156 gold bars weighing nearly 18 kg at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka in yet another major gold haul in the airport.
Senior ASP of the Armed Police Battalion (APBN) Iqbal Hossain told bdnews24.com the gold bars were found on the bus which was carrying the passengers of United Airway’s Mascot-Dubai-Dhaka flight on Friday morning.
“Passengers of the bus were brought to the terminal. The gold bars were found in black sports bag lying beside the driver,” he said.
He said they were suspecting the driver of the United Airways bus.
With this, customs authority has seized three illegal gold consignments at the airport within a span of two months. Two more consignments were caught by the Chittagong customs too during the same period.
On Aug 20, APBN recovered more than 7-kg gold from an Indian citizen at the same airport.
A staggering 1,065 gold bars weighing 124-kg were confiscated by police from a Biman Bangladesh Airlines from Kathmandu on Jull 24.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Awami League trashes Safadi-Joy meeting report, asks BBC Bangla to be careful
- Iran says its pilgrims will not attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Gold prices drop by Tk 1,516 in Bangladesh after going up five times
- Mustafizur returns for Hyderabad in IPL final against Bangalore
- Five UN peacekeepers killed in Mali attack
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft