Student dives to death
Dhaka University Correspondent,
Published: 2013-06-19 08:22:45.0 BdST Updated: 2013-06-19 08:23:04.0 BdST
A private varsity student dived to his death at the Dhaka University swimming pool on Wednesday.
His chest is said to have hit the water on impact reportedly causing internal injuries due to a faulty dive.
Fahim Shahriar Chowdhury, 20, was a Electrical and Electronics Engineering third semester student of Amerian International University, Bangladesh (AIUB).
He was son of Mohammad Jalaluddin Chowdhury, an official of the Power Development Board (PDB).
“He dived, but could not keep balance and his chest hit the water on impact. Blood oozed out of his mouth immediately,” Shahjahan said.
He was rushed to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital in critical condition where doctors declared him dead around 12:30am.
Shahbagh Police Station Inspector MA Jalil said doctors feel Fahim’s lungs might have been hurt on impact. “That is why blood came out of his mouth.”
The body was kept at the hospital and will be handed over to family if no complaints are filed, he said.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Iran says its pilgrims will not attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Awami League trashes Safadi-Joy meeting report, asks BBC Bangla to be careful
- Mustafizur returns for Hyderabad in IPL final against Bangalore
- Gold prices drop by Tk 1,516 in Bangladesh after going up five times
- Target killings are handiwork of BNP, aim to raise question about Bangladesh, says Hasina
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft
- BNP chief Khaleda charged in court in two more cases over 2015 blockade violence