Reward for info on Aminul murder suspect
Published: 2013-06-10 11:34:24.0 BdST Updated: 2013-06-10 11:34:24.0 BdST
The government has announced a reward of Tk 100,000 to anyone who could provide credible information on the whereabouts of a suspect in worker leader Md Aminul Islam’s murder.
On Sunday, the Ministry of Home Affairs urged the citizens to share with law keepers or nearby police stations if they have any information on one Mostafizur Rahman.
A media statement from the ministry on Monday said the informer's identity would not be made public.
It said Mostafizur Rahman, son of Md Shamser Biswas, hailed from Magura Sripur Thana's Kadirparh.
After he was buried as an 'unidentified person', Islam’s family had identified him from his picture published in a newspaper. They reburied him in his village home.
On the day he disappeared, Islam was trying to resolve a labour impasse at factories that stitch shirts for Tommy Hilfiger, American Eagle and other global brands.
Various international quarters have been pressing the government to bring his killers to justice.
During her 2012 Dhaka visit, the then US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Bangladesh's failure to probe the murder would send "a wrong signal" to the American buyers.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- Salim Osman to hold interactive meet Thursday to explain Narayanganj teacher’s shaming