1600 teachers promoted
Published: 2013-05-13 10:06:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-05-13 10:28:04.0 BdST
In an unprecedented move, the government has promoted 1632 Lecturers, Assistant Professors and Associate Professors to higher ranks in the last year of its tenure.
Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Department Director-General Prof Fahima Khatun told bdnews24.com such a huge number have never been promoted in one go in the education sector in the past.
A Ministry of Education statement said 1098 Lecturers had been promoted as Assistant Professors while 379 Assistant Professors had been made Associate Professors.
A total of 155 Associate Professors were also promoted to the post of Professors, it added.
It also said those promoted would be relased by May 15 from their present positions .
Nearly 1500 were promoted in the education sector in 2007.
In a first of its kind move, the government on Mar 31 promoted at least 1,500 doctors to higher ranks.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Shawon, sued by Mahiya Mahi, claims he and the actress are still married
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Mustafizur’s English county debut at Sussex may be delayed due to injuries
- Court orders death for six, life imprisonment for another in 2015 Ashulia bank heist