1600 teachers promoted
Published: 2013-05-13 10:06:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-05-13 10:28:04.0 BdST
In an unprecedented move, the government has promoted 1632 Lecturers, Assistant Professors and Associate Professors to higher ranks in the last year of its tenure.
Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Department Director-General Prof Fahima Khatun told bdnews24.com such a huge number have never been promoted in one go in the education sector in the past.
A Ministry of Education statement said 1098 Lecturers had been promoted as Assistant Professors while 379 Assistant Professors had been made Associate Professors.
A total of 155 Associate Professors were also promoted to the post of Professors, it added.
It also said those promoted would be relased by May 15 from their present positions .
Nearly 1500 were promoted in the education sector in 2007.
In a first of its kind move, the government on Mar 31 promoted at least 1,500 doctors to higher ranks.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Youth arrested for ‘raping’ woman in hotel