Kamaruzzaman, Quasem Ali hug
Published: 2013-05-09 07:01:24.0 BdST Updated: 2013-05-09 07:46:37.0 BdST
Jamaat-e-Islami leader Mohammad Kamaruzzaman met fellow partyman and Diganta Media Corporation chief Mir Quasem Ali on Thursday.
Ali, also a Jamaat executive council member, faces war crimes charges.
Security officials said Kamaruzzaman had been brought to the tribunal at around 9:30am where Ali also faces trial in another case. The two Jamaat leaders talked for a while.
Kamaruzzaman embraced Ali while being taken out of the tribunal’s prison.
The prosecution is filing formal charges against Mir Quasem Ali.
Ali was allegedly the Chittagong unit commander of Al-Badr, a vigilante outfit mobilised by Jamaat's erstwhile student wing Islami Chhatra Sangha and was third in outfit's command structure.
International Crimes Tribunal-2 has started reading out the summary verdict against Mohammad Kamaruzzaman who faces seven charges of war crimes allegedly committed during the Liberation War.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- Sedition case against BNP’s Aslam Chowdhury to be filed on Thursday: IGP
- Bangladesh probes 2013 Sonali Bank hack for links to central bank heist
- SMS payments spell trouble for college applicants
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’