Rana shifting stuff from house
Published: 2013-04-25 21:31:42.0 BdST Updated: 2013-04-25 21:32:24.0 BdST
Mohammad Sohel Rana, owner of multi-storey Rana Plaza at Savar, is shifting goods and valuables from his residence at Savar Bazar road since he went into hiding on Wednesday.
Police have so far failed to arrest him despite orders from the Home Minister.
Rana escaped unhurt and was taken away by local Awami League MP Talukdar Mohammad Towhid Jung Murad from the basement of the building after Rana had gone there to visit the scene.
No-one was seen at Rana’s residence on Thursday evening. But several people who identified themselves as Rana’s staff were seen moving goods from the house.
Asked where those were being taken, one of them said, “We are not allowed to say that.”
They also said that they did not know about the whereabouts of Rana and his family members including his father, Abdul Khalek who was also accused in a case filed by police over the worst case of building collapse in Bangladesh’s history.
However, a local Juba League leader, asking not to be named, told bdnews24.com: “Rana is planning to flee the country.”
Rana is the Senior Joint Convenor of Savar unit of Juba League, ruling Awami League’s youth front.
সাভারে রানা প্লাজার ধ্বংস্তূপে চলছে দ্বিতীয় দিনের উদ্ধার অভিযান।
The nine-storey building at the Savar Bus Stand caved in on Wednesday morning. The death toll from the collapse hit 261 on the wee hours of Friday while over 2,000 were rescued during the rescue efforts which began hours after the collapse.
Seven cases have been filed over the incident and Rana has been accused in each one of them.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bodies of seven missing Bangladeshi fishermen found in India
- Special Branch ASI detained for demanding bribe from HC judge’s wife
- Poet Shahid Qadri laid to rest at Martyred Intellectuals Graveyard
- Eid holidaymakers allege corruption in train ticket sale
- Mir Quasem's wife says family will decide on mercy petition after 'detained son' returns home
- Last respects paid to Shahid Qadri at Central Shaheed Minar
- Family of death-row war criminal Mir Quasem meets him in Kashimpur prison
- Investigators find Chittagong DAP factory GM, engineer responsible for gas leak
- Dhaka, Delhi on the 'same page' in fighting terror: Indian envoy
- Supreme Court grants Shafik Rehman bail for three months
- PM Hasina to launch smart National ID cards on Oct 2
- Bangladesh couple killed in Texas highway crash
- Jamaat-e-Islami war criminal Mir Quasem’s hanging in Kashimpur or Keraniganj prison?
- Risha murder suspect Obayed detained
- Supreme Court asks for footage, transcript of Somoy TV talk-show
- England hit world record 444-3 to crush Pakistan
- Dhaka cafe attack 'mastermind' Tamim led all recent terror attacks, police chief says
- Khaleda should also face trial for making war criminals ministers, Hasina says
- Islamic State propaganda chief Adnani killed in apparent US strike in Syria
- Death-row war criminal Mir Quasem seeks time to decide on mercy petition