Fire in Dhaka warehouse
Published: 2013-03-19 05:33:48.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-19 05:34:34.0 BdST
The short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods in the warehouse but no reports of any casualty
A short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods stored in a cosmetics warehouse on the second floor of a six-storied building in Arambag area of Dhaka on Tuesday morning.
No casualties were reported.
Fire began at around 9:15am, Fire Service and Civil Defence Ramna zone Station Officer Abdus Shahid said.
Two fire fighting units doused flames after half-an-hour, he said. Locals were already trying to fight the flames.
The fire was sparked by a short circuit, the official said.
He, however, could not confirm specific figures of losses but said most of the goods in the warehouse were gutted.
Details were awaited.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Paper book of Biswajit murder case ready for High Court hearing
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- Rust-covered arms cache excavated in Bogra
- PM flight glitch: Court gives investigators more time to submit report
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM’s meeting with Merkel: Global support to relocate Rohingya refugees sought
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Indian HC organises visa camp for Bangladesh armed forces family members
- 'Only two percent of Sheikh Hasina'
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday