Fire in Dhaka warehouse
Published: 2013-03-19 05:33:48.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-19 05:34:34.0 BdST
The short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods in the warehouse but no reports of any casualty
A short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods stored in a cosmetics warehouse on the second floor of a six-storied building in Arambag area of Dhaka on Tuesday morning.
No casualties were reported.
Fire began at around 9:15am, Fire Service and Civil Defence Ramna zone Station Officer Abdus Shahid said.
Two fire fighting units doused flames after half-an-hour, he said. Locals were already trying to fight the flames.
The fire was sparked by a short circuit, the official said.
He, however, could not confirm specific figures of losses but said most of the goods in the warehouse were gutted.
Details were awaited.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Most of the militants killed in raid shot in the back, says forensic doctor
- Five persons sentenced to death for murder of 6-year-old boy in Narsingdi
- Bangladesh diplomat Ismat Jahan to lead OIC in European Union
- No arrests made in raid at Dhaka’s Mohammadpur, say police
- Three Hizb ut-Tahrir activists arrested in Chittagong
- Court upholds prison term for suspended police officer Helaluddin for torturing DU student
- Some of the militants killed in Tuesday’s Kalyanpur raid identified, says Dhaka metro police chief
- Students can claim compensation from Darul Ihsan University, says education minister Nahid
- The Kurhigram floods
- One killed, four injured after men with sharp weapons attack security guards in Dhaka
- Police release photos of nine suspected militants killed in Dhaka raid, seek information on them
- Militants killed in Dhaka raid said they were members of Islamic State, witness says
- Dutch-Bangla Chamber President Hasan Khaled’s body found after he went missing
- Nabbed militant Rakibul Hassan Reagan was all set to go to Syria
- Nine suspected militants dead in gunfight during raid on militant hideout in Dhaka
- Kalyanpur, Gulshan militants were from same group, says DMP commissioner
- Police launch anti-militancy drive in Mohammadpur a day after nine killed in Kalyanpur
- Govt orders closure of Darul Ihsan University, outer campuses of private varsities told to shut down
- Police release photos of what was found in deadly raid on Kalyanpur militant’s hideout
- Bangladesh begins demolishing unauthorised establishments in terror-hit diplomatic zone