Fire in Dhaka warehouse
Published: 2013-03-19 05:33:48.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-19 05:34:34.0 BdST
The short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods in the warehouse but no reports of any casualty
A short circuit-sparked fire gutted most of the goods stored in a cosmetics warehouse on the second floor of a six-storied building in Arambag area of Dhaka on Tuesday morning.
No casualties were reported.
Fire began at around 9:15am, Fire Service and Civil Defence Ramna zone Station Officer Abdus Shahid said.
Two fire fighting units doused flames after half-an-hour, he said. Locals were already trying to fight the flames.
The fire was sparked by a short circuit, the official said.
He, however, could not confirm specific figures of losses but said most of the goods in the warehouse were gutted.
Details were awaited.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan
- Nine dead after bus falls off bridge in central Bangladesh
- Hasina specifies Bangladesh’s importance through G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan: Officials
- Youth hacks schoolgirl to death, injures her 3 classmates in Chapainawabganj
- New budget keeps present government’s last year in mind: Muhith
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- Bangladesh scheduled for Boxing Day tie on New Zealand tour
- PM Hasina talks to Obama, others on sidelines of G7 Outreach Meeting