Factory fire in Gazipur
Published: 2013-02-26 06:06:43.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-26 06:06:43.0 BdST
A fire gutted garments and machinery in Beximco Industrial Park in Sarabo area of Gazipur Sadar’s Kashimpur early on Tuesday.
The fire was sparked off by a short circuit, gutting a stowage first and later spreaing to the loom section, said Savar Export Processing Zone (EPZ) Fire Service Senior Station Officer Anwar Hossain.
“Some machinery in the loom section were destroyed.”
The fire service , notified of the fire at 4:45am, controlled it within an hour, he said.
“Two units of Kaliakoir and three of Savar EPZ were involved in fighting the fire.”
However there was no detailed estimate of the damage. No casualties were also reported.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- New budget keeps present government’s last year in mind: Muhith
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- Eight dead after bus falls off bridge in central Bangladesh
- Youth hacks schoolgirl to death, injures her 3 classmates in Chapainawabganj
- Food crisis in Bandarban's Thanchhi due to heavy rainfall, locals fear worse
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’
- Jessore Juvenile Development Centre inmate Sonu claims he was trafficked from Delhi