Kader Siddiqui sued for libel
Published: 2013-02-20 11:50:10.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-20 11:51:14.0 BdST
A defamation lawsuit was filed with a court in Chittagong on Wednesday against Kader Siddiqui for calling Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir a ‘Razakar’.
Abu Taher, Secretary General of Combined Liberation War Fair Organising Council, pressed the charge with the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Hasanul Islam.
Taher’s counsel Tapan Das said the court accepted the case and fixed Mar 28 for hearing.
The magistrate also asked Assistant Commissioner of Kotwali Police Station to submit a report after investigating the case.
Krishak Sramik Janata League chief Kader Siddiqui speaks at a meeting at Dhaka Reporters’ Unity auditorium on Friday. Photo: asaduzzaman pramanik/ bdnews24.com/ Dhaka, Dec 23, 2011
According to the complaints, Kader Siddiqui on Feb 9 called the Home Minister a ‘Razakar’ at a council of Krishak Sramik Janata League in Dhaka’s Institution of Engineers. Siddiqui heads the party.
The complainant said he read the news in the daily Azadi in Chittagong the next day.
Taher told bdnews24.com that confusion could be created if a man like Kader Siddiqui had branded the Home Minister a collaborator of the Pakistani occupation forces in the nation’s War of Independence in 1971.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Case starts on Satkhira Chhatra League leader’s murder, 3 detained
- Netrokona court orders life sentences for three in murder of farmer
- Thakurgaon court awards death penalty to man for murdering father
- HC issues rule asking why Tangail MP Rana will not be granted bail
- Chittagong airport police stops 22 ‘Rohingyas’ from flying
- Burqa-clad women suspected of radical propaganda at Mymensingh school
- Kader Siddique loses final legal battle over Tangail-4 by-polls nomination
- Shahriar Alam leads Bangladesh at ACD meeting in Abu Dhabi
- Trucks hits motorcycle in Dhaka killing two persons
- Hindu kirtan singer’s throat slit in Khulna
- Shihab ‘killed by younger brother’, police say parents knew
- Govt urges UAE to ease visa for Bangladesh nationals
- Bangladeshi-American Behnaz Kibria nominated to US trade advisory committee
- Shakib moves to career-best place in Test batsmen rankings after Wellington Test
- Expatriate found dead beside Gazipur rail tracks hours after arriving Dhaka
- Coca-Cola eyes to strengthen roots in Bangladesh with new plant launch
- Hawkers warn Dhaka South Mayor Khokon over eviction
- Myanmar interested in taking back nationals, says Foreign Minister Ali
- As Bangladesh stock market soars, experts advise caution to investors
- Former RAB man blames ex-commander for consequences after conviction for seven murders