Kader Siddiqui sued for libel
Published: 2013-02-20 11:50:10.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-20 11:51:14.0 BdST
A defamation lawsuit was filed with a court in Chittagong on Wednesday against Kader Siddiqui for calling Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir a ‘Razakar’.
Abu Taher, Secretary General of Combined Liberation War Fair Organising Council, pressed the charge with the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Hasanul Islam.
Taher’s counsel Tapan Das said the court accepted the case and fixed Mar 28 for hearing.
The magistrate also asked Assistant Commissioner of Kotwali Police Station to submit a report after investigating the case.
Krishak Sramik Janata League chief Kader Siddiqui speaks at a meeting at Dhaka Reporters’ Unity auditorium on Friday. Photo: asaduzzaman pramanik/ bdnews24.com/ Dhaka, Dec 23, 2011
According to the complaints, Kader Siddiqui on Feb 9 called the Home Minister a ‘Razakar’ at a council of Krishak Sramik Janata League in Dhaka’s Institution of Engineers. Siddiqui heads the party.
The complainant said he read the news in the daily Azadi in Chittagong the next day.
Taher told bdnews24.com that confusion could be created if a man like Kader Siddiqui had branded the Home Minister a collaborator of the Pakistani occupation forces in the nation’s War of Independence in 1971.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Pakistan must target all jihadist groups: Crisis Group
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title