Bangla Academy Awards announced
Published: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST
Eminent poets Sanaul Haque and Abid Anwar are among the recipients of this year’s Bangla Academy Literary Award for their contribution to Bangla literature.
Director General of the academy Prof Shamsuzzamn Khan announced the names of the award winners on Monday from the Mela Mancha (fair stage) of the month-long Ekushey Book Fair.
He said that the executive working committee of the academy selected the winners of the prestigious award based on the decision of the jury board.
Other winners of the award include Harishanker Jaldas in folk literature (Katha Sahitya) category and Sanath Kumar Saha in essay.
Sirajul Haque won the award in the research category, Fakhrul Alam in translation literature, Mahbub Talukder in children’s literature, Mahbub Alam for his contribution in Liberation War-related writings and Tapan Chakrabarty in science, technology and environment category.
However, no-one was selected for the travelogue, playwright and autobiography categories as no suitable candidates were found.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK dispels Brexit concern for Bangladesh
- Election Commission has turned cruel towards Awami League, says party’s advisor HT Imam
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Judges' services rules with president, says law minister
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- 6 Barisal City Corporation councillors suspended on charges of violence
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Four dead, 10 missing after trawler sinks in Bagerhat river
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Bangladesh, UK sign MoU for ‘strategic dialogue’
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further
- Bangladesh v Sri Lanka: 2nd ODI in Dambulla
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Buoyant Bangladesh primed to secure first ODI series against Sri Lanka
- Trump son-in-law to testify on foreign contacts in Russia probe
- Police believe female suspect among four killed in Sylhet is 'Morjina Begum'
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act