Bangla Academy Awards announced
Published: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST
Eminent poets Sanaul Haque and Abid Anwar are among the recipients of this year’s Bangla Academy Literary Award for their contribution to Bangla literature.
Director General of the academy Prof Shamsuzzamn Khan announced the names of the award winners on Monday from the Mela Mancha (fair stage) of the month-long Ekushey Book Fair.
He said that the executive working committee of the academy selected the winners of the prestigious award based on the decision of the jury board.
Other winners of the award include Harishanker Jaldas in folk literature (Katha Sahitya) category and Sanath Kumar Saha in essay.
Sirajul Haque won the award in the research category, Fakhrul Alam in translation literature, Mahbub Talukder in children’s literature, Mahbub Alam for his contribution in Liberation War-related writings and Tapan Chakrabarty in science, technology and environment category.
However, no-one was selected for the travelogue, playwright and autobiography categories as no suitable candidates were found.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- Sedition case against BNP’s Aslam Chowdhury to be filed on Thursday: IGP
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’
- PM Hasina accorded red carpet reception in Japan
- SMS payments spell trouble for college applicants
- Bangladesh probes 2013 Sonali Bank hack for links to central bank heist
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury