Bangla Academy Awards announced
Published: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-18 16:33:11.0 BdST
Eminent poets Sanaul Haque and Abid Anwar are among the recipients of this year’s Bangla Academy Literary Award for their contribution to Bangla literature.
Director General of the academy Prof Shamsuzzamn Khan announced the names of the award winners on Monday from the Mela Mancha (fair stage) of the month-long Ekushey Book Fair.
He said that the executive working committee of the academy selected the winners of the prestigious award based on the decision of the jury board.
Other winners of the award include Harishanker Jaldas in folk literature (Katha Sahitya) category and Sanath Kumar Saha in essay.
Sirajul Haque won the award in the research category, Fakhrul Alam in translation literature, Mahbub Talukder in children’s literature, Mahbub Alam for his contribution in Liberation War-related writings and Tapan Chakrabarty in science, technology and environment category.
However, no-one was selected for the travelogue, playwright and autobiography categories as no suitable candidates were found.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Two ‘killers’ of SP Babul’s wife ‘confess’ in Chittagong court
- Messi says he is retiring from international football
- Chile beat Argentina in shootout to retain Copa America title
- Factbox: Copa America finals since 1993
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- 4.7 magnitude tremor shakes southern region of Bangladesh
- Sweden urges Bangladesh’s support to candidature in election to UN Security Council
- Eid-time business hit by flyover construction in Moghbazar-Mouchak
- 4-lane Dhaka-Ctg Highway opens before Eid
- We’ll go to PM office by MRT, Japan Ambassador in Bangladesh says