Call for candle-lit vigil
Published: 2013-02-12 15:33:18.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-12 17:26:24.0 BdST
Protesters from the main stage of the movement at Shahbagh, christened 'Ganajagaran Mancha’ have announced a candle-lit vigil after their three-minute silence programme across the country on Tuesday.
Candles will be lit at 7pm on Thursday across the country to press for execution of all war criminals, including Jamaat-e-Islami leader Abdul Quader Molla.
The demonstrators have called everyone to light a candle each at that time wherever they are.
Thousands of people at the demonstration welcomed the programme with a deafening sound of applause.
Also, songs of protest would be sung at 3pm on Wednesday on the main stage of the ongoing agitation at the ‘Prajonmo Chattar’ at Shahbagh intersection.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Two ‘killers’ of SP Babul’s wife ‘confess’ in Chittagong court
- PM Hasina inaugurates work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- Factbox: Copa America finals since 1993
- Chile beat Argentina in shootout to retain Copa America title
- Banks to remain closed on Jul 4
- No scope to misinterpreting SP Babul’s ‘interrogation’, DMP chief says
- Scotland could veto Brexit laws to protect its interests, says First Minister Sturgeon
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Sweden urges Bangladesh’s support to candidature in election to UN Security Council