Call for candle-lit vigil
Published: 2013-02-12 15:33:18.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-12 17:26:24.0 BdST
Protesters from the main stage of the movement at Shahbagh, christened 'Ganajagaran Mancha’ have announced a candle-lit vigil after their three-minute silence programme across the country on Tuesday.
Candles will be lit at 7pm on Thursday across the country to press for execution of all war criminals, including Jamaat-e-Islami leader Abdul Quader Molla.
The demonstrators have called everyone to light a candle each at that time wherever they are.
Thousands of people at the demonstration welcomed the programme with a deafening sound of applause.
Also, songs of protest would be sung at 3pm on Wednesday on the main stage of the ongoing agitation at the ‘Prajonmo Chattar’ at Shahbagh intersection.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D-printed office