Appointment of ICT prosecutors halted
Published: 2013-02-12 10:25:38.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-12 10:25:38.0 BdST
The appointment of two new prosecutors for the International Crimes Tribunal has been halted hours after the decision was made on Tuesday for what the authorities said were unavoidable reasons.
Senior Public Relations Officer of the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Mijanur Rahman confirmed that the process of appointing new prosecutors has been halted citing unavoidable reasons.
Earlier in the morning, a ministry circular publicised the decision to appoint lawyers Hossain-e-Manzur and Saniyan Rahman as two new additions to the ICT panel of prosecutors.
Any further details were not revealed.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Death toll in Uttara elevator mishap rises to six
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul
- Extended nine-day Eid vacation as Jul 4 announced as holiday
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Four Mumbaikars give rare blood to save Dhaka man