Govt job entry age not rising
Published: 2013-01-30 17:58:12.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-30 19:14:37.0 BdST
The government has no plans to extend the age of entry to government jobs following extension of retirement age to 59 from 57 years.
The government will take necessary measures later in this regard after considering all aspects,” Acting Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraful Islam told Parliament, replying to a query from MP Faridunnahar Laily.
Currently, one can enter a government job until the age of 30 years.
The government job aspirants have been observing several programmes demanding extension of the age to 35 from 30 since the extension of the retirement age.
Ashraf said if entry age is raised up to 35 years, sons and daughters of freedom fighters, people with disability and indigenous people might demand increasing the age for them up to 37 years.
Presently, job aspirants from these categories can enter government services until the age of 32 years.
Replying to a question raised by Fazilatunnesa Bappi, the minister said 251,975 jobs were created at different ministries from Jan 2009 to Dec 2012.
According to him, the government was committed to making the public administration efficient, pro-people, accountable and corruption-free.
Ashraf said 61 officials had been promoted to Secretary, 293 to Additional Secretary, 690 to Joint Secretary and 866 to Deputy Secretary since the Awami League-led alliance assumed office in Jan 2009.
Answering a question from Fazlul Azim, he said 54 Secretaries were serving ministries and departments against the 79 positions.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Awami League trashes Safadi-Joy meeting report, asks BBC Bangla to be careful
- Iran says its pilgrims will not attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Gold prices drop by Tk 1,516 in Bangladesh after going up five times
- Mustafizur returns for Hyderabad in IPL final against Bangalore
- Five UN peacekeepers killed in Mali attack
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft