Farid Habib new Navy chief
Published: 2013-01-20 11:40:19.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-20 11:41:34.0 BdST
M Farid Habib is set to become the new Chief of the Naval Staff, replacing Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed.
An official at the Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR), who preferred anonymity, told bdnews24.com that Rear Admiral Habib has been appointed as the Navy chief on Sunday.
He has also been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral, the official said.
The ISPR official said Habib will assume his new role from Jan 28 after the incumbent chief Ahmed retires.
Farid Habib was born in 1959 in Tangail and joined Bangladesh Navy in 1976.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Youth arrested for ‘raping’ woman in hotel
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project
- Factbox: What Brexit could mean for the UK economy