Farid Habib new Navy chief
Published: 2013-01-20 11:40:19.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-20 11:41:34.0 BdST
M Farid Habib is set to become the new Chief of the Naval Staff, replacing Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed.
An official at the Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR), who preferred anonymity, told bdnews24.com that Rear Admiral Habib has been appointed as the Navy chief on Sunday.
He has also been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral, the official said.
The ISPR official said Habib will assume his new role from Jan 28 after the incumbent chief Ahmed retires.
Farid Habib was born in 1959 in Tangail and joined Bangladesh Navy in 1976.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Anger, doubts boil up as gas prices raised in Bangladesh
- Jaishankar reaffirms India’s support to 'peaceful, stable' Bangladesh
- Kabori’s memoirs at Ekushey Book Fair
- PM Hasina's official visit to India in April
- Another suspect arrested over Gaibandha ruling MP Liton's killing
- Verdict in second case against industrialist Ragib Ali over tea estate fraud on Feb 26
- Cricketer Sunny's mother gets bail in domestic violence case
- Indian Foreign Secretary Jaishankar arrives in Dhaka
- Foreign Journalists call on State Minister for Foreign Affairs
- MP Liton killing: Police recover pistol buried in Kader's Gaibandha home
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- BNP is a terrorist organisation: Canada court
- Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life may be possible
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Foreign sailor killed by cracked pipe hot water in ship at Chittagong Port
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Forced relocation of Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh can create tension: ICRC