Farid Habib new Navy chief
Published: 2013-01-20 11:40:19.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-20 11:41:34.0 BdST
M Farid Habib is set to become the new Chief of the Naval Staff, replacing Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed.
An official at the Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR), who preferred anonymity, told bdnews24.com that Rear Admiral Habib has been appointed as the Navy chief on Sunday.
He has also been promoted to the post of Vice Admiral, the official said.
The ISPR official said Habib will assume his new role from Jan 28 after the incumbent chief Ahmed retires.
Farid Habib was born in 1959 in Tangail and joined Bangladesh Navy in 1976.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’
- PM Hasina accorded red carpet reception in Japan
- SMS payments spell trouble for college applicants
- New budget keeps present government’s last year in mind: Muhith
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- Bangladesh to send aid for Sri Lanka flood victims