UPDF supporter killed in Rangamati
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2005-03-20 18:00:00.0 BdST Updated: 2005-03-20 18:00:00.0 BdST
A former UP chairman and supporter of anti-peace treaty United Peoples Democratic Front was killed Sunday night at remote Kutukchhari in the district.
Police and hospital sources said a gang of assailants shot Veer Kumar Chakma, former chairman of Subalaong Union Parishad, Sunday evening at Kutuckchhari bazaar.
He was first rushed to Rangamati general hospital. As his condition deteriorated, he was being taken to Chittagong. But, he succumbed to his injuries on way to the port city.
Locals said pro-peace treaty members killed him. But, the pro-peace treaty leaders denied the allegation saying the former UP chairman Veer Kumar Chakma was killed over internal feud.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Grameenphone call-drops alarming, says Chittagong SP
- Factbox: What Brexit could mean for the UK economy
- Life is all about enjoying work, says Professor Serajul Islam Choudhury