UPDF supporter killed in Rangamati
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2005-03-20 18:00:00.0 BdST Updated: 2005-03-20 18:00:00.0 BdST
A former UP chairman and supporter of anti-peace treaty United Peoples Democratic Front was killed Sunday night at remote Kutukchhari in the district.
Police and hospital sources said a gang of assailants shot Veer Kumar Chakma, former chairman of Subalaong Union Parishad, Sunday evening at Kutuckchhari bazaar.
He was first rushed to Rangamati general hospital. As his condition deteriorated, he was being taken to Chittagong. But, he succumbed to his injuries on way to the port city.
Locals said pro-peace treaty members killed him. But, the pro-peace treaty leaders denied the allegation saying the former UP chairman Veer Kumar Chakma was killed over internal feud.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- Narayanganj 7-murder prime accused Nur Hossain feels dizzy, collapses in the dock during hearing
- Head of forensic team that conducted autopsy on murdered Comilla student Tonu gets ‘death threat’
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D-printed office
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- May 22’s HSC, equivalent tests pushed back again to Jun 12 due to UP polls