BMW CEO faints on stage at Frankfurt auto show
Published: 2015-09-15 23:33:45.0 BdST Updated: 2015-09-15 23:46:33.0 BdST
German luxury carmaker BMW's new chief executive, Harald Krueger, fainted on stage at the Frankfurt auto show on Tuesday, a Reuters witness reported.
Krueger collapsed as he was commenting on BMW's latest models during a news conference.
Two men escorted him off stage. Kruger was able to walk.
A BMW spokesman said over the public address system: "I'm a bit lost for words."
BMW CEO Harald Krueger collapses at a presentation during the media day at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany, September 15, 2015. Reuters
BMW CEO Harald Krueger (C) is helped after he collapsed at a presentation during the media day at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, Germany, September 15, 2015. Reuters
BMW later said: "Harald Krueger experienced a moment of dizziness. As a result, the press conference was cancelled in order that Mr Krueger could be examined by a doctor.
“Mr Krueger's health is stable and he is recovering well."
Chief Financial Officer Friedrich Eichiner took over the press roundtable.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Peugeot buys iconic Indian car brand for $12m
- US judge approves VW dealers $1.2 billion settlement
- Trump threatens German carmakers with 35 percent US import tariff
- The hot and new at Detroit Auto Show
- Automakers, suppliers team up to share costs of self-driving cars
- Chided by Trump, Ford scraps Mexico factory, adds Michigan jobs
- BMW November sales up 5.9 percent, Mercedes poised to overtake
- Jaguar Land Rover wants to build electric cars in Britain
- Fiat Chrysler teams up with Amazon to sell cars online
- US regulator has opened Audi investigation, reports German weekly Bild am Sonntag
- Extradition of Bangabandhu killer will be a major breakthrough in Bangladesh-Canada relations: Shahriar
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- New government report finds Bangladesh island chosen to relocate Rohingyas as 'fit for habitation'
- Separate road crashes in Cox's Bazar leave five killed, at least 20 injured
- Ruling Khulna MP's son using boundary wall to 'grab a family land'
- Old Dhaka road crash leaves medical college student killed
- Shaon files police complaint over 'embarrassing, horrifying' Facebook Live video
- PM Hasina stresses product diversification, exploring new markets for apparel exports
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder