Bibi Russell to take Khadi line to India Runway Week ramp
Published: 2016-09-01 11:27:28.0 BdST Updated: 2016-09-01 11:27:28.0 BdST
Bangladeshi fashion designer Bibi Russell will showcase a Khadi collection under the label Rajasthali by Bibi Russell at the seventh season of India Runway Week Winter-Festive 2016 in New Delhi next month.
To be held at the Thyagaraj Stadium here, the three-day fashion event organised by the Indian Federation for Fashion Development (IFFD), will take place from Sep 16-18.
Russell's line will be made from handspun and hand-woven fabric diversified by art and design intervention, to be made more suitable for the modern context.
"Through art and design, it is my intention to sensitize and demonstrate the immense skills and expertise of the local artisans, to preserve the heritage, to foster creativity, to provide for employment opportunities, to empower women and to contribute towards the eradication of poverty," Russell said in a statement.
She promised that the colours used in her line are fresh and the designs, one-of-a-kind.
Avinash Pathania, Founder, IFFD, said: "We are honoured to have Bibi Russell on board for this season as she sees Khadi as an occupation to bring high and low, rich and poor together, to show them the dignity of hand labour."
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Oxford Union invites President Hamid but gets no response
- Chapainawabganj terror den: 3 bodies 'too mangled' for identification
- Australia will tour Bangladesh in late August, says BCB chief
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- Five-year-old Sumaiya found after 24 days
- Tofail says foreign buyers single out Bangladesh’s labour safety issues
- Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy