World's first transgender model agency soon
Published: 2015-07-25 21:19:26.0 BdST Updated: 2015-07-25 21:19:26.0 BdST
A Bangkok-based firm will soon open the world’s first modelling agency in Los Angeles that will specially cater to transgender clients, the media reported.
Currently, six transgender models represent the office in Los Angeles run by Apple Model Management.
"Our strong commitment to developing (clients) as successful models is never about quantifying or qualifying their gender," Cecilio Asuncion, CEO of the firm, was quoted as saying in a report by The Independent.
The firm is hunting for new clients to boost the roster.
"It was never a question of being women or men, it is about their passion and commitment to being the best models," added Asuncion, who is also a film director, writer and producer known for his work on transgenders.
The company began representing transgender models in Thailand in November 2014 along with its existing group of non-transgender male and female models.
But its LA branch will represent transgender models only, the report said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Security forces raiding two militant hideouts in Moulvibazar
- Bombs turned Atia Mahal into a death trap, says army after Operation Twilight
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- No cause for satisfaction over 'successes in a few anti-terror raids', says BNP chief Khaleda
- Messi banned for four international matches
- Police inspector in Bogra found hanging at home